Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Catch up post!

I am doing such a bad job at blogging! Seriously! I think with spring here and life getting busy sitting at a computer is just not what I want to be doing! But-I want these memories so lets catch up

Friday after the tornado-we went to supper club. All the excitement of the day-we were in need of some good food! We ate at Sal-n-mookies! My favorite local pizza spot. Here is me, Pamela, and Tyanne.

 And the Boys! Bill (tyanne's) Will (Pamela's) and Mr. Broadus
 Pamela with her octopus! =)
The Tornado really put a damper in our weekend plans-we had to do a "throw together" birthday party for our sweet friend Gavin. His birthday was suppose to be at the skating rink-but it had damage during the tornado so we put together a quick party at chuck-e-cheese...I mean you only turn 5 once!!



 The week went on-we did tornado clean up during the week, Madyson registered for kindergarten, then on Thursday I went on a field trip with my 6th grade niece to the WWII museum! It was my first time. I had a little group of girls and enjoyed spending time with them. After the museum we got to go shopping for a bit!


 This man was a DDay Veteran. We had just learned about DDay in an IMAX film before the museum tour. The girls were excited to talk with him!

 Here comes the plane!!!! (ok so I am a cheesy chaperon but we had 3 hours and were done in 1.5 so we had to make the best of our time!)
 I think this is the plane they said they got off of Ebay. I love some Ebay!
Shopping, New Orleans style!

Friday was Good Friday-and the girls and I spent it together at home. We did some cleaning and read the Easter story and discussed it.
Saturday Morning the girls woke up to their Easter Baskets. Todd and I made the decision last year that this is something we want to do with the girls, but we want to make sure it doesn't overshadow Easter Sunday. So we decided that Saturday would be "cutesy" spring activity day!
That afternoon the girls and I went over to my cousin Kristina's house to dye eggs on the back porch. I started looking back and this was the first time Aubrie had dyed eggs!!! 
She was so excited!



Sunday came and the girls and I made Resurrection rolls!

I saw this idea online and loved it! you take a marshmallow (Jesus) and a crescent roll dough triangle (the cloth that Jesus was wrapped in)and treat it with oil (butter and Cinnamon) then you wrap Jesus up and put him in the tomb (oven) 3 days later (10-15 minutes) when you pull it out-The inside of the wrap is empty-Jesus has risen(the marshmallow melts and the crescent plumps up and its really tasty!)
We got ready for church put didn't take pictures-bc I am 

retarded. However my mom did snap on of us as we were getting in the car to go to Easter lunch
*Real life Easter Picture..Aubrie having a hissy-madyson falling asleep, me with a "please quit having a hissy look" Todd along for the ride!
We decided to forgo the traditional "Family" Easter Lunch and do a picnic at our favorite campground and let the kids play in the creek! (true Mississippi style =)




Madyson and her tadpole...she is such a nature kid!

Well that catches us up to date!!! This weekend is madyson's ballet recital and then next week is her surgery!

1 comment:

  1. For the record...I DID NOT eat that octopus! And I love your Easter dress;)

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat