Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Have it your way...without a straw

So by now, my followers, you have learned alot about me (sarah) and the rest of the Broadus bunch, so it should come to no shock to you when I tell you how much I despise fast food restaurants (with the exception of chick-fil-a) there is something about getting a hamburger, prepackaged salad and LARGE soda in less than 1 minute that bothers me. But on occasion I do let go, and let grease. So today I decided that it was one of "those days" the past few days have been very rough....
Saturday we were dealing with stress about my dad and his love of wasting money.
Sunday we were really busy and just plan exhausted
Monday, my cousin-in-law, went in for her 9 week check up at the doctor and discovered that there was no baby in her "baby sac", there was a sac and everything you get with pregnancy (hormones, swollen body parts, etc.) was there but there was no baby. So she had to have a DNC. This was devastating because she was really excited about being a mom and having a baby. We were trusting in the Lord and knowing that he is in control but you still ache for the thought that
now wasn't the time.
Tuesday: My uncle's (fatherinlaw to the above cousininlaw) dad passed away. He was an older gentleman who was a husband, father, grandfather, and great grandfather. He lived a great life and there is no doubt that he is in heaven now, but still the ones on earth are sadden by the lost of not being able to see him on a daily basis.
So needless to say...I deserved this greasy meal. I went through the drive through order my hamburger with mustard&pickle only, chicken tenders, and onion rings, and medium dr.pepper..
paid my $4.00 and got my food. When I got back to work I realized....I had no straw. Luckily, my hamburger was correct!! (can't stand ketchup&mayo on burgers) but still...no straw.

So today, I sit dining on my cholesterol filled meal, sipping my carbonated prune juice (without a straw) and thanking God that today, my dad is old enough to file for social security! Happy Birthday Old Man!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat