Thursday, December 12, 2013

Moving right along.

We are moving right along in this process of "life without a permant house" as I am now calling it to prevent readers from being offended by using the word homeless.

Todd is excellent. He was suppose to be back in Mississippi (he had been in Kentucky working) last Friday. He called Thursday afternoon and said-"what are you doing?" I said oh just-replacing the suitcase. He said "do you need help?" I said sure-come on. At that time through the phone I heard the car door shut. I ran outside and there he was!!! Talk about excitement!! Our airmatress was really full that night but 7 days apart was LONG and I was overjoyed!
Friday we took the girls to school-did some shopping and then picked them up and headed out to Todd's stepdads to stay for the weekend. Once we were settled in-we loaded up and took the girls to eat and to see Santa. 
This was our pre Santa shot. I was teaching the girls-no matter what Mia does-just smile.
We waited at bass pro 2 hours to see Santa. We scored some free kids meals at their restaurant so we decided to eat while we waited-instead of after. 
Aubrie asked Santa for the Disney princess castle and the princesses and bubblegum. madyson-coming off our conversation about Santa-just asked for "a magical Christmas" and Mia-well she was good with her free candy cane.

Saturday we were suppose to go to my buddy Brian's engagement party but the girls were pretty clingy to daddy so we made a deal for them to let mommy and daddy have an hour to ourselves and we would snuggle and watch movies when we got back.

Todd and I went to Anthropologie and Barnes and nobles then had an appetizer  out-then we returned home to the girls. (My parents were sitting with them)

I think the hardest part about Being seperated is trying to reconnect once we are reunited. I had been running in mom/dad mode for a week-and it was hard to shift into mom/wife mode.

Hoping it gets easier as time goes on.

Sunday was our churches choir performance and it was amazing. Simply amazing. After church-my mom picked up the girls and Todd and I went to our old house to pack up a few more boxes-we are down to 12 small boxes and my kayak left to take to Georgia.

Todd left to go back to Georgia after that and this week the girls and I have been getting ready for school to be out. Just 2 more days this week then 4.5 next week! I can not wait to be a family again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat