Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas Eve eve

Hi from the Kroger parking lot! (Seriously-Todd has run in for items for tomorrow nights party and I am sitting in the truck to avoid freezing!!

Well let me first say-I am in the most bahumbugish mood. My Christmas spirit is not here and I have no energy left to find any. I am thankful for Jesus and his birth and all the rest of it-I am just out of sorts. I believe it has to do with the amount of traveling to and from towns/houses/states we have done this month. I am sure we have clocked over 6,000miles in 23 days. 



We haven't been to one Christmas party-baked one cookie-or even finished our Christmas shopping. And no-no Christmas cards yet either.....I am doing a New Years/new house card letter. It's the best for my sanity. 

And then there is family-our family is all out of sorts this year-and it makes it really hard. Plus I really miss my sister and brothers in California. It's been 2 years since we have been together and I just miss them terribly. 

so yea---bahumbugs all over the place. 

Let's look at some positives...

My car broke. I know odd to be a positive but it fell apart and te dealership or highway robbers as I like to refer to them wanted $1700 to fix it. We got it fixed for $675. Positive


We leave for the most magical place in the world via Santa Claus in just a few days! Positive

We have the house in Georgia set up and unpacked for the most part-except for the rooms we have to buy furniture for. Positive (and positive for getting new stuff!!)


I have had 3 weeks of greatness with my mom and dad since being displaced. Positive

Not to mention-my girls have been super precious through all of this crazyness we call the broadus bunch life.



Anybody else having some crazy holiday cheer? Or cheerless? 



1 comment:

  1. Hi Sister Mine! I feel ya..this Christmas has been a tough one for me as well, for dif reasons. 1 being missing you and being so far away!

    I'm glad you guys are settling in to your new place and community. They are lucky to have ya'll there! Miss & Love you!

    Happy Holidays!!

    PS-
    I didn't get Christmas cards out this year either :/

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat