Friday, October 4, 2013

The day I deleted Facebook from my iPhone.

Today I did the unimaginable-I deleted my Facebook app from my phone. 

Now-Facebook and I have had a long relationship. 9 years. Yes-I was one of the first on Facebook back when you had to be a college student with a college email to get it. It was back when Facebook was good. 

During our first year we went through a lot together-I learned of an incident through Facebook that changed my relationship status-for the first time in 5 years. Later that year-the status went from single to married-then it followed with being a young mommy on Facebook with all my college friends still posting about going to bars or tailgating at football games.

Facebook and I have been together for longer than Todd and I but today-today was the last straw.

Now that everyone is on Facebook (including my grandmother) it's a platform for people to complain-post "their opinion"-make extremely negative comments towards other humans because they don't have the same lifestyle as them-and now in the craziness of the government. I.am.done.

And here is why-I am a Sinner. I make a ton of mistakes a day. I have done things in my life that I am not proud of-but they are still apart of me. Since I am a sinner-i choose not to cast stones. I may not agree with a certain decision made by our government but as a Christian-my job is to pray-not to complain in a 1,012 word status update. Followed by 9 "shared" news stories about the topic. 

Madyson and Aubrie Kate go to public schools. And they are both thriving. Madyson has been tested and is considered "gifted" and has been placed in our districts gifted courses. She is learning so much. At their school-they use the common core standards. The standards are taken and our curriculum is written by well educated teachers in our district. Teachers that I have a personal relationship with and know and trust to teach my children. Many-MANY people on my Facebook page are in a uproar about common core because schools in New York, Indiana, California-are teaching their kids stuff that is controversial. Sucks for those kids-but that's not here-in my school district-so I can not have an opinion on "how bad it is" because I see the good. 

Aubrie Kate is a different learner than Madyson-she doesn't learn the same as madyson. She has struggled through-preschool, and our stint of homeschooling-to learn. Once she began at public school-she began to blossom. She loves math now. She is learning to add differently than I learned as a child....but if I remember correctly I learned differently from my mom so I don't really see an issue with it. She likes the challenges and the goals they have in her class. She gets up every morning-and wants to go to school. And to me-that's what matters. 


Another thing-I have found that breaks my heart about Facebook is people that I know and love Picketing outside of the abortion clinic. I have spent hours speaking with women who have undergone abortions for various reasons-let me tell you-by standing there holding a sign saying "your baby has rights" or "god loves your unborn child"-you are missing your opportunity to be a witness for God to a woman who is in a very hard place in life. I choose to meet with women on a one on one basis-there are programs that can connect you to women who are thinking about abortion. I get to know them-their story and their life. I pray with them-and for them. And show Christ love trough actions not picket signs. 

I am not unaware of what is going on-and I understand what hardships are and how things are unfair. Trust me-I have my list of complaints as well-I just chose to take my list of what I think is unfair to God and not Facebook. God hears my concerns and my prayers and my thoughts. He is all knowing and nothing is above him-not even a government made up of human sinners. I have 3 girls to raise and a husband to care for-that's what I want to exert my energy too. I will give the rest of the world's problems to God and let him guide me on what to do.

So Facebook-that's why we broke up today. I will keep my profile bc of all my pictures and videos but you no longer have a place in my (what is up peeps) folder. Maybe at times I'll share a picture or two-via computer-but no longer will you be at my fingertips. 

Thanks for the good times.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat