Friday, July 5, 2013

Oh so much!

( NOTE: this post was written june 30 but for some reason did not publish) i have some great God-filled blogs coming this week! Last week was Summer camp and it was such an amazing week! 

But first-a surprise. Madyson turns 7 next Saturday and I am in denial. But I promised her we would have a fun birthday (because I turn old the same day!) The problem is...our birthday is on 4th of July weekend. My family is out of town on vacation-Todd's stepdad has a wedding to go to-Todd has to work-it's going to be a "different" birthday this year.

So when i started thinking about what we could do-I wanted to Surprise madyson with a party. Madyson has amazing friends. Precious boys and girls who hold a special place in her heart. She has a few girlfriends that are very special-and because the last couple of months have been such a baby filled life I wanted to get her special girlfriends together to celebrate her. 

I feel like she is at such a tender age-starting adolescents and soon preteen years. I really want to nurture those relationships with her girlfriends. So I set it up to have a small surprise swim party today. Madyson had NO clue and it was great! When she arrived she was shocked and said "I don't know if I should be embarrassed or happy!" Lol.


The girls had a great time. It was low key. Simple but special. She got a few great hours with these friends & was so excited.


We had cupcakes and ice cream and sour cream and onion Pringles (that's her favorite combination) and opened presents and just had fun.

 I am so thankful for this group of friends. And that their mommas shared them for a few hours with us today! 
Here's to the start of the birthday celebration! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat