Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Scale.

{{ramblings from my thoughts}}

Right now, I am sitting on my couch surrounded by piles and piles of clean clothes that are folded. I am trying a new method and giving everyone their own laundry basket to put up. Hopefully, it will help curb the torture of me doing them all.

On the other side of the couch-is little "Sissy Foot" snuggled on her blanket, sound asleep. She has been having a rough day. Her eye duct is clogged and her belly is full and boy, is she gassy! I forgot how much little babies poot and how BIG those poots sound.

Today, has been a day. This whole week has been a week. Todd and I are sitting on a scale-both on separate sides-and we just can't balance. This is probably the 3rd or 4th time in 8 years this has happened. Neither of us like it-but we work through it because we are legally bound to each other-and well...because we love each other too much to let a little imbalance ruin us.



My heart has been heavy over the past few weeks for numerous things. A sweet baby born the day before Amelia passed away and her funeral service was today. I have spent the last few weeks praying for her parents. They have an amazing testimony building up right now-follow them here.

The whole marriage debate is saddening my heart as well. I have friends on both sides of the debate and I hate to see either of them hurt because of this. But America has become like Todd and I-off balance. The country can not get on the same page about anything anymore. Our melting pot is bubbling over with so many opinions that we can't level out and find an agreement. I wish Americans loved each other enough to not let an imbalance ruin us.

I have been debating my future. I have always had a plan. And right now-I don't have a clear idea of what the next few weeks/months are going to look like for my life. And it is extremely uncomfortable. I have been praying for God to give me some direction. But nothing yet. Join me in his prayer please.

This weekend is Easter and for the first time in years-I actually remembered and have somewhat of a plan.

We of course will do "Spring Saturday" again. I love Easter Baskets and love Easter goodies. But that is our spring celebration.

 Todd and I don't have new Easter outfits. I will pull something out of the closet that fits-Todd will more than likely recycle his seersucker pants and bow tie. The girls outfits don't match but they love them and that's all that matters-we are celebrating eternal life. Not materialism on Sunday.

Sunday, we will celebrate the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. The idea that God loved us so much that he gave His son for our sins, overwhelms me. I have been reading about sins a lot these past few days. What did God give His son for? Sin is sin and all sins are equal. So my sins may be, in your eyes, 50x worse than your sins. But in God's eyes-they are sins.

In the book of John, Jesus faced a mob that was eager to execute a woman caught in adultery. He put a stop to it with a simple challenge: anyone who has no sin in their life should step forward and throw the first stone. 

The men in the mob, dropped their stones. They were not perfect. They could not cast a stone. When I read this story, I think back to the scale. At that moment, that the men dropped their stones, the scale evened out. The adulteress and the mob, equal sinners. 

As the weekend approaches, I pray that each of us take time to remember what we are celebrating and why we are celebrating it. We are not celebrating because we are perfect, in our perfectly ironed outfits, with our perfect white shoes, and our perfectly Pinterest-inspired Easter desserts. We are celebrating because we are dirty sinners who had actual blood shed for us. We are celebrating because our scale will level out this weekend-your sin is the same as my sin and our Father loves us enough to forgive us of those sins. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat