Thursday, March 21, 2013

Help?

I am an extremely "IN CHARGE" type person. I like things done my way and very seldom do I give in and ask for help.

This became apparent when I was in college and in charge of our tribe's Homecoming Float-and has continued throughout my event planning career. Now as a "Full-Time Mom" it is still into play. Help? what is that?

I've got this.

Until....I am broken. Todd only got to spend 1 day with us at the hospital. Then it was back to work. So all of a sudden I was 1) recovering from major surgery 2)a mother of a newborn, a home schooled 5 year old and an active 7 year old. I could not drive, I was encouraged to "stay down and rest" as much as possible.

Todd called his Step-mom who lives in Atlanta and she meet us at our house when we got home from the hospital and stayed the remaining of the first week. She cleaned, she toted the kids around, she shopped for us. She allowed me to get adjusted.

Then our friends stepped in-they brought meals every other night for us-so I didn't have to cook. They took Aubrie Kate during the day so I could rest...

My mom works and lives 40 minutes away-but she has had the girls spend the night, taken them to do things, driven me places, etc.

Help-it is friends and family loving on you and lifting you up. It is not a sign of weakness and it doesn't make you less of a mother. It is what we are called to do as Christians-Help each other, LOVE each other.

Todd and I are very thankful for all the love and help we have received over the past few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat