Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas 2012

Well-It's over. The holiday that has been the hardest for me to get in the spirit for is officially behind us and now I have a multitude of paper scraps and decorations to clean up-but we are blessed.

First off, lets start with how I was still Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve. Yes-Christmas Eve. I couldn't get it all done with work & dr. appointments and life.

I didn't get Christmas Cards mailed-so I am working on New Year Cards.

We didn't bake Christmas cookies.

I didn't finish 4 gifts that I was making.

and I didn't get the dining room decorated-so  we haven't even been in there all month :/

As I was wrapping the final present on Christmas Eve-todd walks in with this tall box. He said-"Merry Christmas." Now, keep in mind 2 days prior I got a brand new Maytag Washer and Dryer...So I wasn't expecting anything.

When I opened it-it was a paddle. Now (back story) before marriage and kids I spent almost every weekend camping and kayaking. It was a great escape and something I was fond of. But Todd and I got married (fast) had kids (faster) and life took off (really fast) For 3 years, I have been talking about wanting to get back into my outdoorsy life...well-as I was standing there holding this paddle...I asked..."Is there another piece." that's when he said to go look outside. And there sat my brand new Kayak! I was SO excited. I rushed to get everything together and head to my parents house.


A few weeks ago, my parents moved to their house about 40 minutes from us. (this is the farthest we have ever lived apart) but its somewhat in the country-and has lakes all around it. So of course I took the kayak out for a spin-or 2-or 3....:)

(see picture on our Instagram)
Then we hung out at their house with my brother, sister-in-law, nieces, nephew, aunt, uncle and grandmother. We opened gifts and came home LATE!


As soon as we were home the girls were asleep. Santa visited-and Christmas morning we woke up to a fun slew of gifts.

The girls only asked Santa for 4 things (something they will read, wear, need, want) but since its the last Christmas of just the 2 of them-they got a few extras :) and BOY were they excited!




We hung out at the house and watched the Disney Christmas Parade! (FYI-big news on the Disney blog) then we headed to Todd's stepdad's house for Christmas day.

This was an extremely hard time. Its the first Christmas without Grandmomma and everyone felt the missing spirit of the day. Madyson and Todd had a break down and the mood went from jolly to somber. It's hard getting over these "first" without her.

We came home and napped and played and then headed to dinner at waffle house-because...well...why not.

We are now cleaning and organizing-trying to get ready for 2013!!! We are declaring that 2013 is our year!(more on that soon :)


2 comments:

  1. Looks like the girls had a great Christmas! I worked right up until Christmas this year, so I had to come to the realization that some things just wouldn't get done this year. Guess what... it was still just as special. I think sometimes we just put too much pressure on ourselves during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun Christmas surprise!!!!(your Kyak)

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat