Sunday, October 14, 2012

The "Joy" of being public.

When I began to blog it was my place to tell my story. My journal that was open-page by page-for anyone and everyone to read. They are my words and they are written-so my thought was-if you tried to twist them...I could back it up with print.

Its been over 5 years since I began (the first one is now private and The Broadus Bunch is the main blog) and I still continue to blog for documentation of my life-the good and the bad.

Todd and I joke that before I die-I will probably blog about it first. Gotta keep everyone in the know, ya know?

But in all seriousness-being OPEN for readers is extremely difficult. I have readers who read my blog to find encouragement and to invest in a family that they would probably be friends with in real life.

I have readers who come to graze. Not daily readers-even weekly readers but readers that come to catch up on all things Broadus.

Then, I have readers that come to gather "information" and call other people and say "oh I just read on sarah's blog that...____________" fill in the blank.

In the bible it says "Whenever they come to see me, they speak falsely, while their hearts gather slander; then they go out and spread it abroad. (NIV)" Psalms 41:6

I will  be the first to say my life is very full. I am blessed beyond belief. and I have been since day one.

To recap-

I was born to two young people who loved me enough to give me a better life through adoption.
I was adopted into a family that encouraged my spirit-and taught me about the Holy Spirit.
I had some rough patches-but I believe God gave me those to learn from.
I have a marriage that I could never have dreamed of. It hasn't always been perfect-but its almost close.
I have been blessed with amazing kids. Literally-they blow my mind.
As an adult-I have the amazing privilege to have relationships with my biological family & siblings while continuing to be a member of the family that I was raised by. Best of both worlds.
We (the broadus') have never gone "without". We've come close sometimes but never have not had the needs.
I have always been blessed with jobs that allow me creativity.

In all-I would say that God has given me so much more than I deserve. When I look at others (families, friends) I can see their blessings. Some which are awesome (and on occasion...even makes me a bit jealous) But I can always step out and see the big picture and somehow find happiness for them that takes away the jealousy.

This past weekend, I experienced some "Joys" of being public. Slander-gossip-twisted words. It was extremely hurtful-and almost made me want to private this blog. But after some thought-I decided that this place-my little place in the blog community is my space-Mine. and I am not going to let others dictate my words for me.
So I am pulling a new motto from Proverbs 20:19:

A gossip betrays a confidence; so avoid anyone who talks too much.

I am making it a point to avoid anyone who talks to much. Not because I dislike them-or don't consider them family or friends-but because I am not going to be fuel for their gossip fire.

I am not going to private my blog from those who gather here for encouragement or silly stories-I am going to continue to post-my life in my way.

If babblers choose to read-may they see a family that loves the Lord and refuses to allow our story to be the root of their evil.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat