Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Who are you?

Describe yourself in 10 words....50 questions about you....If you were stranded on a desert island what would you take with you?

All of these are fun/quirky games played to help discover who you are. But do they really tell?

As I am creeping towards my 27th year of life I tend to discover daily something new about myself...something about who I am.

Since the age of 18 I have learned so much about me. 18-21 I went through a party stage. 3 guys (1 was todd) occupied my life....I learned Nursing was not for me, I discovered I love to speak in front of people and I was really good at putting together a budget.

For years I was a "Yes" Person....just recently I have become a "I am sorry I can't" person. That is a huge step for me to be able to say no-even though I want to say yes.

22-24 I was a career woman, new mom, lost soul. I depended on myself to get where I needed to get, I depended on myself to work out all the problems, I depended on myself to make enough money to buy anything I wanted. and I wanted a lot.

25 was really a turning point in age for me...God began to step back into my life. He had never left, but I had forgotten that he was in control of the wheel...not me. When I finally surrendered and gave it all to him to handle, He put the pedal to the metal and showed me a whole path of life I never knew was there.

He took me out of my comfort zone and placed me in His zone. Where I had to be surrounded by Him...all. day. long. This made me depend on Him and not me. This made me realize...the ladder to success isn't for everyone....and I can have all the money in the world...but if I choose materialism over Him...I will suffer.

I am my own person. Sometimes I will have on makeup and cute dresses with heels. Other times I will be covered in paint/dirt and no makeup with a 2 day old pony tail. But I am comfortable either way.

26 has been a banner year. I have learned so much more about myself. I know without a shadow of a doubt that we have been called to love another's child. When this will happen-is all in God's time. I have learned that I have a lot of likes and very few dislikes. "Pet Peeves" are a thought of the past...life is too short to get aggravated over the silly things.

I am slowly learning what kind of parent I am. I love my children with all my heart-but I can not tolerate sassyness, bossiness, rudeness, or anything else that doesn't show the love of Christ. I've said it before-teaching my children to love others the way Christ loves us is THE most important thing to me.

I love to reuse-re purpose-and starting to get the hang of recycle.....I am cheap but I know I would rather give money away than stock pile it for a rainy day (don't tell Dave I said that....)

I am comfortable in my skin. I have a little more there than use too...and this isn't where its always been. But I am not the same person I was then, either. So new skin is good with my new life.

I read a lot on different subjects. Decorating-organizing-parenting. Although some ideas are great...the others aren't made for my family..and that's okay! I am comfortable and confident within myself to know that I don't have to live up to the social way of doing things.

I have a wide variety of friends from different walks of life-different ages-different religions-different political views-different parenting ways....and you know what. All. Are. Different. From. Me. But that's what makes me love them and makes me appreciate them. If they were just like me...and we agreed on EVERYTHING....it would be very boring lunch conversations!

So here I am knocking on the door of 27 and wondering-who will I be at 28? I hope a different person. I love growing with myself.

Looking towards the future with an open heart and mind-bring on the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat