Sunday, June 26, 2011

Fushia-French-Fanciful Five

Madyson's 5th birthday is approaching us quickly! Last year after her "Dinner Party" she informed me-"Next year-I want a Fancy Nancy Tea Party". Now...if you know my child-you will be able to agree she is NOT your normal 4.85 year old. She is very decisive on what she wants and how she wants it done. I tell her that she is my most difficult client. (although-since "retiring" I don't have that many clients anymore...but she still would be my most difficult one).

Madyson makes me stretch my imagination. She is very literal. If in Fancy Nancy and the Boy from Paris she used...whatever word....we incorporate it.

This year-with all that we have going on...I had a shoestring budget to create "The Most Splendorifious Tea Party Ever, Mommy" So Madyson and I have spent the weekends scrounging through garage sales, goodwills, flea markets, dumpsters....all to use a whole lot of Bubble Gum Pink and Lavender spray paint and make a super fancy soiree. And luckily-my wonderful Mother-In-Law has jumped on board in helping me dig up teacups and teapots.

I have hit every big box stores (Hobby Lobby-Target-Michaels-Walmart) clearance aisles....and let me tell you the Fancy Tea Party Angels of Hobby Heaven Lobby were with me one day for sure! all for a cheap price...I have gathered up enough mess to put this "dream" into play.

Here is how my client laid it out for me.....

"Okay Mommy. When  you think Fancy Nancy you thing what? Dress up. We need to dress up, have portraits, lots of accessories, eat at the Kings Crown (I had no idea what that meant...ebay'd Fancy Nancy original...Now I know) and the whole place needs to be fushia and lavender...because those are her favorite colors. Oh and tea cups of course...real ones."

I like to humor madyson so I made her a little portfolio of google searched Fancy Nancy Parties and let her pick the elements she liked of each......She has good taste...I can't wait to see what she chooses for her wedding. My first stop in party planning is to enlist the help of my favorite invitation designers SundayGirls Designs! They once again came through with an amazing invitation!

Well after we had our "game plan" I asked...now where do you want to have this party..?" She looked at me like I had just swallowed a bug..."At our house...of course!" Our house? Our house that has unpainted trim...a torn up kitchen (but with its lovely yellow floors still) and isn't that large to hold oh...16 friends and their parents? yes..of course...our house...eek!!!

So with a few weeks in counting I am up to my ears in Feathers, Rhinestones, Spray Paint, and glitter....and no, there are NO pictures ;) You have to stay tuned to the next installment of "Fushia-French-Fanciful Five"

1 comment:

  1. Found the FN items I texted u about this morning, made for one happy little girl!! Thanks! Can't wait too see how divine the party turns out!!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat