Monday, April 6, 2009

Life is what happens when you are making plans.

For months now I have been tossing and turning on the idea of something in my life isn't right.

I have been getting lost in prayer with the Lord, hoping he would guide me in the "SARAH THIS IS WHAT I WANT YOU TO DO" way. Because when you are as desperate as I am you take everything as a sign.

Over the past few weeks more and more things have started to become clear.

Todd and I watch FIREPROOF the other night (from the Duggar's recommendation) it was great (the female lead actress could have been better but the just of the movie was great)

Todd and I have a great marriage but it brought up points throughout the movie that we were neglecting. So we purchased THE LOVE DARE book and we are going to begin our 40 day journey together.

_marriage....check.

Everyone knows my kids are my life.
I am always talking about them and what they do. But more and more I find my heart longing for them. I miss seeing them hours apon hours. I did the math the other day
there are 168 hours in a week.
40-45 of those are spent at work
40 of those are spent asleep
6 of those are spent traveling to or from work
48 of those are weekend hours (which I don't get all of since I work during the weekends)
that leaves me with about 29 hours a week that I can have my kids to myself.
That is nothing!!

Madyson tells me every morning that she misses me and wants to stay home with me. I use to think it was so she could watch TV. but the more I think about it the more I realize she probably does miss me.

_children....need me more....check.

Work...that is the next big thing on my list.

I love my job!! Anyone who has ever come to visit me at work will tell you how much I love what I do. I love the animals, I love the challenges, I love it all.

I love it so much that I have been working towards additional degrees so I can go work for the Animal Kingdom in Disney!

but work takes me away from my family, work is what gives me the pounding headaches that makes me less of a compassionate mom when I get home, work is where I am on the weekends instead of on the soccer field with Madyson or the park with Aubrie.

Is my love for my job too much?

That is where I am stuck at right now. I am praying that God will say "Sarah, you are where you are suppose to be." or "Sarah, its time to headum up and moveum out."

I don't have any followers yet, but I am sure that somebody gets bored facebook surfing and clicks on my link every now and then....

So if you happen to read this, please pray for me.

I am tired of watching my life pass me by while I am busy making other plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat