Wednesday, March 25, 2009

guilt gut

So by the title you can see that things are getting to me. I have major guilt gut today and this is why.

Aubrie Kate decided she wanted to start throwing up this weekend. Todd's thought (stomach bug) my thought (she's going to get dehydrated) so we took her to the hospital. The dr's first thought (stomach bug) but her belly was really big so they did an Xray to see...and it turned out to be an obstruction in her stomach. Usually someone who had this would have surgery but my child of course has to be different. No other signs show anything is wrong with her except for the throwing up. So they put her on watch to see if she does it again. My job feed her very little "bland" diet and if she throws up again take her straight to the ER. If she doesn't wait it out. Wait it out??

I feel like my child is a ticking time bomb and I am suppose to sit and wait it out!? This is my 1 year old sassy girl!!

So after being home with her for 2 days today I am sitting in my office trying to get caught up on a weeks worth of work but I can't concentrate because I am worried about sweet little aubrie kate and feel guilty for being at work while she sits at daycare when I should be home with her!

Our government really needs to address this problem. If you are a working mom and you have a sick child or a new child, you should be able to go on a "maternity leave" with pay from the government. I think switzerland or sweden or somewhere across the ocean does this! Why shouldn't America?

On the positive side, as Aubrie Kate and I laid around the house eating pedialyte pops and boiled chicken, I did get our Disney Vacation booked! July 5th-12th we will be at the Caribbean Beach Resort in Disney World! our first "real" family vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat