Monday, January 13, 2014

that time when....

The other night I was lying in bed, trying to get some sleep (finally) when my sweet California Momma facebook messaged me..."what happened to your blog?"

Instantly, I sat up, hit my handy dandy "Broadus Bunch" icon and sure enough-It. Was. Gone.

I jumped out of the bed, ran to the computer -and logged into my dashboard-the blog was still there....when I hit "View Blog" nothing.

So I cleared cookies...(because that's what google said to do) and nothing

I checked to make sure all domain accounts and such were up to date...they were...

and still....nothing.

Days and Days went by.....and Thebroadusbunch.com was not coming back to me.

I was devastated. Horrified. depressed.

See-this space is more than me telling some stories-its how I keep up with our life-words/struggles/God given days that I want my girls to know about LONG after I am gone.

I had backed it up....but then I remember I had my computer wiped right at Christmas and didn't get a chance to backup the backup.....

After four days of trying-I decided to do the unthinkable. Delete the blog. Maybe this was God saying, "Quit living in your rear view mirror".Focus on the journey I have placed before you...." Then I had a moment, a quiet moment where I thought to myself...."Just try it"

So I created a new blog...and imported the old blog post...maybe it would work...maybe it wouldn't...

Well-It did!!!

We lost our domain "thebroadusbunch.com" that we own for the next 2 years....and nobody at the hosting site can explain to us what happened. But that's okay. and with that means we lost our readers-because I can not post a "we've moved" post.
But in the long run-that's okay too. I have my stories. and I have backed them up and uploaded them to be printed into books.

So here we are-Please continue to follow our journey here. Hopefully we will work out our domain issues and have it associated with this blog soon.

Thanks so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat