Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Get to know ME-

I write a lot about the girls-and house stuff-and projects-and God. Which are all great things. But I rarely write about the subject I know the most about...myself.

I have shared some of my testimony in past post-but I find with each age of life I change-I am 29.5 and I am creeping closer to 30. I am actually excited-because I am ready for a new decade. 

I have spent the 20s growing. Learning. Becoming a grown up. Never did I imagine I would have gone through so much in my 20s.

Do you remember Friends? The season where Ross and Emily fell apart and he was "almost 30, divorced for the 2nd time, evicted from his apartment...and his boss ate his turkey sandwich with the moist piece of gravy soaked bread in the middle??" Dude couldn't catch a break-and I feel like that as I look back over my 20s.

Here at this point in my life-I have discovered the extrovert Sarah also has an introvert side. I would love to spend a day alone, at home, watching girly movies, eating Oreos, under the quilt...with design magazines.

I adore-ADORE cats. But i haven't found one that I love since my childhood cat "popcorn Katie cat". She was amazing-smart-loving...and my mom ran over her. No cat has lived up to her legacy. 

I am a caffeine lover. I can give it up if I am pregnant. But I love coffee in the am-a coke during Ellen-and tea with dinner.

Speaking of pregnant. I wish I was good at it. I would have a gizzilion babies if I could birth them without Csections. But I am thankful for Csections-it saved my life and madysons life and has helped my stomach get cuter each time :) 

On the same topic of babies-I never wanted more than 3...but now having Mia-I keep telling Todd "someone is missing". I don't know if that's the mommas heart of our lost baby or someone really missing but 4 could be a possibility...maybe we will revist adoption here in Georgia.

My favorite show is Castle. It is the only show Todd and I watch together.

I do not watch movies or shows that have bad language.
The bad language is something that I tend to "pick up" when I am around it. And I have been working over the last few years to erase this from my life. So if I don't watch it-it helps.

I love food. I don't eat Duck, pheasant, quail, or squirel-makes my stomach do crazy things. Other than that-I will atleast try it. 

My favorite color is blue. Robins egg blue. And I like navy as a close second.

I usually wear Toms-everyday. I have 6 pair-and all my girls have them as well. No real reason-I just like the way they feel. 

I believe that most of the adults that were apart of "my village" growing up would say they did not expect me to grow up and become the person I am. That is the truth-and the proof-that God takes all sinners and will forgive you and let you be new.

I dream to live a simply life. Like-1600 sq foot cottage-with land to garden and have chickens.

I never wanted to be a breast feeding, homeschooling, baby wearing, stay at home mom. EVER. EVER. But I have learned-when you tell God yes-you do a lot of things you wouldn't expect.

I don't like to pay full price for things. I also have serious buyers remorse when i buy something new. Usually-it goes back to the store-or sent back.  If I get a gift card I usually can make it last 3-9 months. The one thing I want is the ivory ruffle bedding from Anthropologie. I am saving change to buy it-1.5 years and I still don't have it because I get close to the total and then back out because I am not sure I can justify it.


When Todd asked me out-I told him no. I also explained I am a bad girlfriend. So he dropped it. 2 months later we were married. I love watching him tell this story.  
I also love him in his glasses-soft tshirts-trimmed beard-and dark jeans ;)

I want my long, red hair back. I always cut it off and regret it.

My most proud moment in the past year was when Aubrie Kate said, "I want to be a momma like you". 

Music is a lot of people's therapy. Truth-I don't "Vibe" that way. I am more of an internal thinker-candles and bubble baths are my therapy. 

My favorite movie is Mary Poppins. Very close Second, Father of the bride 1&2. 

I dislike cold-and really hot. I am a 68 degree girl.

I read cookbooks like they are novels.

I hate driving.

My Aunt Elsie makes a coconut cake that reminds me of childhood. 

If we have another girl her name would be Eloise, Eliza, or Savannah. Her middle name would more than likely be Ann, Jean, or Evelyn. My 3 favorite older women in my family. We've been prepared for this since the day Mia became a girl. 4 girls just seem like our forte.

I don't like scary movies. This became huge since I've been married-don't know why. I use to love them-but now can't watch them.


I am a paper planner. Computers aren't as efficient as a notebook and pen.

Dream car: 60s VW in blue. White leather interior. 


That's me-in a post. :)  









No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat