Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Teaching Life Group and 3 orphaned no more!

Our Life Group has this "fun" thing we do, where we all sign up for different bible lessons and take turns teaching them. It allows you to get back to the basics of the bible and practice your teaching skills.

Last night was my night to teach. My story was Moses and the Red Sea. If you haven't read it...click here. 

After I taught, I was suppose to lead the group in discussions with a list of questions that were provided. One of the question is: "Who are you most like in the story"...usually I have a hard time answering this question but this time I did not.

I am most like the Israelites as they are crossing the desert..."Why did you bring us out here to die?
Leave us alone let us serve the Egyptians"...here was a group of people who God had protected through it all, yet they still didn't believe that he was in control. It took walls of water and dry sea land for them to stop and "be still" and KNOW that he was Lord.

So many days I try to be in control, this is a topic I have discussed alot on this blog. And last night was a huge reminder that I need to be still and let God do His plan.

After group, I was up most of the night, praying for Ashley and Kurt as they finally got to meet their son Liam. Also this morning I read on facebook were a friend of mine's sister who has been trying to adopt for 2 years was accepted and now is the mother of 2 beautiful girls! that is THREE children in 24 hours that are orphaned no more! I can't wait to add our #3 to that list!

.....14 The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat