Thursday, May 19, 2011

going on!

Well-The girls are done with their room. I gave them full control over what their vision of the "rainbow room" looked like. I think they did a good job. Madyson is def. my designer/repurposer. She picked the pieces from my pickin collection that she wanted to use. Madyson picked the room color-its a med. purple. I was really scared she would pick ELECTRIC purple-but she did good.
Then I took them to target and let them pick out curtains, bedspreads, and stuff......I gave them $100 dollars do "decorate with"
This was one of my picks...it was free! Use to be YELLOW. madyson wanted it two toned. She found the knobs at michaels 95% off 1.00 each! (we need a longer curtain rod...but the one they want is $48 bucks so I am trying to come up with another option..) and excuse the cleaner....we were spot cleaning the floor!
Yes...they have a tv. Madyson found this shower cutain on sale at Ross's for 6.00. Underneath the tv stand is a laundry basket . Keeps all the clothes hidden =)
still waiting on daddy to install the closet doors. but look at those clothes! Grandmomma....I think they are set!
Aubrie is to the left. madyson is to the right (notice the get will balloons?)
Those tables were in my pickin pile. They use to be my grandmothers. The rug was 50% at Hobby Lobby...the comforters were 9.99 at Target! (clearance end cap!) the polka dot garbage can was $5.00 at big lots!

They love it! It is a bit "colorful" even for me.But its their room-so whatever makes them happy!

And in other news! I found out my sister-in-law is gracing me with a NEPHEW in the fall! I know how 4 nieces and 4 nephews!
In other news I am helping with huge concert that will be taking place here in Jackson! ROCK THE SOUTH featuring David Crowder Band, Tenth Ave. North, Lecrea and MORE!!!

 If you want to come-its totally family friendly! You can get tickets here!

There is alot going on in our household right now that I am not ready to share...but if you could, please remember us in prayer, and as soon as "the dust settles" Ill share with you guys!

2 comments:

  1. ummmmmm, I love the dresser! I bet it looked good even when it was yellow cuz it has such good bones! SO cute. You got some good deals too! I think it is great that you let them decorate and have control over their space.....I on the other hand, could NEVER relinquish control!!!!!!!!! LOL Hope all is well and of course will be praying for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They did a great job on the room - very nice!

    And congrats about the nephew - how exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat