Monday, October 4, 2010

JumpStart Review: From a mom's eyes

This weekend we had the pleasure of reviewing the JumpStart online games. I have decided in order to fully share our experience that I would break up the review into 2 segments. My thoughts and Madyson's thoughts.

Tonight, I am going to share my thoughts on this product.

When you log on to JumpStart you get to select which child is playing, you can have up to 6 kids on one account. I liked this because in a year or so Madyson, Aubrie, and Myself can all play together.

I created my Jumpeez (my character) and proceeded. I played around in Storyland (for 3-5 year olds), The science world, MarineLand... I really just explored. I like to know what Madyson is doing and how to operate the site in case she gets frustrated. I found the land/world of JumpStart to be fun! It is decorated for halloween right now, so its "festive" but not scary. I exlored the world for little kids (3-5) and middle kids (6-7) and big kids (8 & up.) The good thing about this site is that it is a family friendly environment so if you have little kids and big kids, everyone can play.


As a parent, I want the best education possible for my children. When teaching my girls I utilize workbooks, board games, manipulatives, television and computers. I love having technology in the mix. I am a big believer in changing with the times, and although flashcards are great, so is JumpStart online world.

From my opinion (remember you'll hear Madyson's tomorrow) She interacted very well with the game. It did take the system a little while (around 45sec-1min) to load, but thats our computer, not their program. That was the most frustrating thing for her. Once she was in the world she ran with it. She played around, changed her jumpeez to have pink hair, she just played and played. I decided to check out the JumpStart facebook page, it gave me some tips on games and "what is going on in the world" there is also a blog that helps parents as well. It was a great resource to have when learning a new system.

5 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad you like it, I think my two would love it as well!!! Sam is more computer literate than I am!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up about the give-away. I am REALLY becoming a follower, not for the giveaway but because 1) you and your family seem like nice, christ-like people. I need to look towards our lord a bit more for guidance. 2) You have a disney blog. I am a HUGE Disney person. I dressed my little girl in those same type of disney outfits when we last went. 3)The piggy bank blog is a good idea. I couldnt save a penny to save my life!! I have anxiety when i go to the grocery store and will go every other day just to avoid having to be in one for more than 15 minutes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tweet! Tweet!
    Yay for innovative education and double yay for free resources! :)
    Love the review!
    Quinntography.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. JumpStart sounds like something Mattie Leigh would love...I'd just have to get my cd drive fixed on the computer so she could enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog.... Nice being able to keep up with what is going on.... Jumpstart is a nice program...

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat