Monday, May 19, 2014

House Tour part 1!

Well-finally after 5 months of living here I am ready to show you some of the house!! We are going to start upstairs in what we call "mommas room". 

When we first found this house I knew I wanted this living area to be tv free-and be used for conversation, naps, and gathering. 

My original plan was neutrals with a pop of blue. I had my eye on an aqua couch that was too die for! But as soon as I was ready to buy it (aka fully funded) it was sold. I spent the next 6 weeks looking for another one-or something similar that fit my tiny budget. But atlast nothing. So Todd and I went to our local furniture store and I asked to see "colored couches" and they showed me tons-but none were me. The sales lady said something about an orange couch in the clearance section and the first thing that popped in my head was the couch from central perk on friends. 



So after some thought-I decided to go orange and make my space a cozy place of happiness. Like central perk-minus Gunther.

So here ya go-my room.
When you walk in you go up a flight of stairs-phase two includes a new fan but for now...embrace the brass.

This is the big wall. With our orange couch, my grand mothers table, a bookcase that Todd built for me and some of my most favorite things.
Tucked in the corner is madysons school space. She does her online classes here and uses the chalk board to get her morning work and schedule. The chair was free and is holding the spot until I can find a funky patterned chair that I like :)

On the opposite wall is my grandfathers chiffarobe-a $10 goodwill chair that is amazing-my dad's mirror, our IG art and some more of my favorite things.
The room is happy. It's cozy. And it's the perfect place to gather with a cup of coffee and catch up! 
When our friends came to visit-we did just that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat