Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The empty calendar.

"I am so busy." "We are just never have  enough time." "If I only had time to do that!" That was my life. Those statements I said daily prior to his move. We were so busy-we had a full calendar every day. School activities, PTO commitments, life group, birthday parties, choir, dance, tball...there was something All. the. Time.

Since our move in January-I have noticed one thing has changed. Our family is SO much stronger. I never realized how disconnected we were before the move. 

It's like we went from running and going 80 different directions to coming to a complete stand still. We see each other 24 hours a day-7 days a week now (with the exception of Todd who works 4 hours away from home and 3 hours at home) but we have no commitments at the moment because we are still settling on...so we have a big ole empty calendar. No weekend plans (except the few when we have to travel back to Mississippi for something) so it's just us-and time.

Glorious time. I never knew how much I was missing out on. My house is "clean". Not spotless I mind you-because well...I have kids...and a husband. But it's not crazy because I have time to clean it. My laundry is washed and put away because I have time to do it. My kids each get one on one attention each day...because I have time to do it. It's insane how much you can get done when you have time.

During DNow a few weeks ago-BB talked about removing the things tht keep you from God. My first thought was how we use to miss church on Sundays growing up because I was at soccer games. How many times do we "miss" spending time with God because of sports activities? I use to miss time with God in the mornings because I was rushing to getthe girls to school-then to meetings or appointments...because they were my priorities. Not Him. 

Now-God and I start the day together-from the moment my eyes open the prayers start flowing. {{honest moment: when you have all day to be wih your 3 kids and no activities...it is 100% important to let God know how much you NEED Him}} 

The empty calendar is something I am enjoying during this season. I know once we settle in we will add a few more activities like Life Group back in..but the priorities will be A LOT different this time around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat