Friday, November 15, 2013

Following and trusting

Todd and I are moved and overwhelmed by the response we have received over us moving-we have dear friends here and leaving is just one of the hardest decisions because of them-but y'all God has some amazing plans lined up and although we have no idea what they are-they are big. let me catch you up to speed on this exciting time we have been living in.

We tossed around the idea of moving for the last year. I have never lived ANYWHERE else. Ever. Todd has.

He didn't want to lose our church-take the girls away from their friends-leave our family here...

We talked about it and I kept getting the prompt in my heart to "just say yes" Atlanta was never my first pick. I really wanted Birmingham or Nashville.

One night we were in the kitchen-talking about it and I told him-we just need to do this-I feel like----right now.

Baffled because Atlanta was not on my list he asked why-I told him "if god called us to a 3rd world country to be missionaries would we say no-sorry God...we don't want to leave our friends and family and especially our church??!?!" No we would go. We would sell everything and pack up and we would go. We wouldn't worry about how it was all going to work out-we would have faith and we.would.go.

He agreed and we made plans to go to Atlanta later that week.

We were there and we were looking at houses and we found one-on a cul-da-sac that we felt like was home. But it was under contract. We told Todd's step mom (our realtor) that we would like to live here. She said, well...if it is suppose to happen-it will happen. 

We get back from Atlanta-with no clue about what to do next-except have our garage sale. Our plan was decrapify-finish remodeling-move in January. 

During the garage sale we get a call from Todd's step mom that the house we found was ours and we can move in the end of the month-say what???

Blown away by the advance in this move-we knew we had to get on the ball of remodeling-after the garage sale. 

During the sale a lady was there and asked if we were moving-when we said "yes, wanna buy our house??" Jokingly-she responded with no but I bet I know someone who does-she proceeded to call a friend-who came over the next day-and then back on Monday and back on Wednesday and then a text on Friday and now-that lady and her husband and their precious family are under contract to buy our house-before it was even listed-as is-without us finishing all the remodeling. Wow God.



There is no doubt that God is up to something. I was sharing with Todd how I was a little nervous about what would happen once we got to Atlanta-because whatever God has in his plan for us-he needs us now. I know whatever it is-He is in control. 

Proverbs 16:9 says "a mans heart plans his way But The LORD directs his path" oh how this verse has been a crutch for me the last few weeks. Stepping out of our comfort zone-headed into an unknown area-without a clear plan on what life is going to be like-trusting Him for guidance and depending on faith to sustain our wondering minds. 

It's big. And it's scary. And it's exciting. And then I have doubts like-how are we going to pay for?? What if?? And I get an automatic feeling of "I have this-do not doubt me"

And y'all-it is the strongest spiritual feeling I have ever had. 

As I sit back and look at the last months of trial and pain-I see it as God broke us-in ever way to make us completely dependant on Him-for this very reason. He had to bring us down to our dirty, grimy, exposed selves to make us so aware that He is in control and surrendering to Him is the only way.

This marks the beginning of a new chapter for the broadus bunch-and I am excited to see what all God has planned! 




8 comments:

  1. Found your blog from Kelly's Korner. We live in Texas and are moving to Atlanta at the end of the school year. OVERWHELMING...and we haven't even listed our house yet. I would love any advice. We are looking in East Cobb County (Marietta) and Roswell (Fulton County Schools, only certain ones). My email is lisa.webb06@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog and your disney blog. Let's just say you have inspired me to save up for a disney trip of over own and well be putting the funds from our decrapifing yard sale towards our trip. With so much going on are you all still surprising disney in December? How will the move and job change affect your vacation plans?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! we plan to still surprise the girls! that's if our family can keep their mouths shut!! :) The move made us get a little more creative but its going to be a great surprise for them!

      Delete
  3. I found your blog through Kelly's Korner! Our stories are so similar. We, too, are moving to the Atlanta area in about a month. We are looking more in East Atlanta, about 30 miles outside of Atlanta. We also found a house we loved in a cul-de-sac and it was under contract as well. They other people dropped out, we though it was ours, and then the appraisal came back lower than our final agreement so we had to walk away. :( It was so heart breaking, but just yesterday we found a beautiful home that we are going forward with! What area of Atlanta will you be moving to? Feel free to email me or see my blog (www.lanageren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we are moving to Woodstock-crazy how close our stories are! Once we all get settled we will have to meet up for lunch and be the new kids together!

      Delete
    2. Ha! For sure! We are looking into the Loganville/Monroe area.

      Delete
  4. I found your blog through Kelly's Korner and wanted to welcome you to Georgia! We have family in Mississippi and love to visit there. I know The Lord will bless your willingness to follow Him. I look forward to reading more about your adventures. If you are interested you can look us up at www.woollypeaches.blogspot.com. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im soooooo Happy ya'll will be here soon!!!!! Let anyone know if they ever need a realtor in the north Atlanta area that I can help them!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat