Tuesday, September 9, 2014

So I'm going to be on a reality show...

If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook or twitter-you saw my announcement, last week, that I will be a contestant on TNT's new show "on the menu" starring Emeril & Ty Pennington. I am so excited to tell you the whole story!! But-I can't. Not until Dec 5th-after it airs but I am going to try to answer some questions I have received!


1) have you lost your mind? Probably. But  leading up to the audition and accepting the position of contestant-I spent a lot of time talking with God and with Todd. There is a lot of exposure that goes into reality tv & I wasn't 100% sure I wanted that. So I spent a lot of time praying that if this would be a hinder to my witness that I wouldn't even make the show. Then once I did make it-I spent a lot of time praying that I show Christ through my performance. 

What did you cook? I can't tell you that yet! But I will tell you I have never been SO nervous in a kitchen! 

When did you film? I auditioned in march of 2014 and filmed it in June of 2014. It airs December 5th-so almost my whole year has been consumed by this! 

How was Ty and Emeril? Amazing. Can't wait for y'all to watch! 

Did you win? My poor family (including my kids and parents) have asked me this EVERYTIME they see me. I'll tell you the same thing I told them. I had fun & I gave it all I could! 
That's my "chefs coat" I got to wear. I totally felt important in it! Ha! Sure is fancier than my aprons I normally wear! 

What was your favorite part? So much of the experience I just love! But I had makeup artist everyday that made me feel so pretty (in the midst of one of the worst breakouts I've had since hitting puberty 👎) 

I really did have fun-and once the show airs I'll share more details to it! But for now-mark your calendars for Dec. 5th at 8pm! 

Can't wait to watch with you all!!! 

1 comment:

  1. That is SO cool! Did you apply to get on the show? Neat coat! Excited for you!
    ~Lucy
    Kids Math Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat