Saturday, June 8, 2013

A moment.

(Today has been one of those days. You know the day. The ones that don't make for Mother of the year speeches. The ones that older ladies tell you "to treasure". The kind of day where you send your husband a text like this....


Yup. Welcome to my day.
Today I had one goal-get the house ready for our tball party tomorrow. As of 10pm (right now) I am hiding in an undisclosed location eating chocolate chip cookies out of a box praying that a fairy comes and does it for me...or at least the kids are asleep by the time I decide to come out. 
Lets look at the day in pics...shall we? 
Amelia decided she was hot last night and somehow took off her gown-had it around her head and her diaper off. (9am)

Work hard cleaning house with 3 kids by 4 pm-I was defeated. The house looked worse than it did at 9am-so we went downtown for coffee, honey at the market, and some playtime.
5pm-8pm Mia screams due to gas/teething/anger so I try everything to console her. Taking a ride on the washing machine gave me 30 minutes of peace.
During this 3 hour frame-madyson is in dire need of attention and I can tell this by her hanging on me and being totally oblivious to the fact I am loosing my mind with a screaming baby-a messy house-and a five year old who is melting down because I may or may not have feed her lunch and neither of us can remember and she is starving. 

In the attempt to provide food fast I turn to a thrown together pizza and cucumber and tomato salad. 
All while child #3 is still riding the washing machine...
(Don't worry mom I had Madyson there making sure she didn't roll off for the 3 minutes it took me to plate the food)

Once the big kids were fed and the babe was done using the laundry room as her personal amusement park. I turned on some Tomlin...because Chris brings the spirit and I.needed.it
So yea-it's been one of those days. Here's to the season of insanity. Cheers :)

3 comments:

  1. You are making me cackle! I LOVE crazy! Makes me feel normal! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your honesty. love this. and i love that you got a picture of #3 on the dryer. classic. And I'm totally with you on the house looking way worse by 4PM on the day that you've been trying to clean all day. I read somewhere that cleaning with children is like brushing your teeth while eating oreos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know those days. And I am sorry. I hope tomorrow is better!!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat