Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Dr. Appointment-Date Night-and more :)

This past weekend Todd and I had a fun little date night to celebrate his birthday. With all the changes in our lives recently-we haven't had a time to sit down-the two of us-and talk, relax, and laugh. We are truly best friends and when this time isn't present...we both get a bit crazy.

So Friday, Madyson was going to a slumber party and Aubrie was going to have some cousin time with my nieces and my mom. So Todd and I went to Bass Pro Shop to purchase him some new camoflauge for hunting season :) (Romantic...I know)
Then we stopped in at O'Charleys and had some PepperJack Cheese Wedges...salads, etc. Our server was a cool chick whose birthday was the next day (we get to know our servers)
So we left her a fun birthday tip :)

Then we went over to Target to start our Christmas Shopping...then to Steinmart....then home :)

We enjoyed no phones, no distractions, no talking about what has happened in the past few days...just us and the things we love (traveling, desserts...:)

Saturday-we had to come back to reality to help Todd's aunts clean out his mother's closets. Then we had a birthday party to attend for our sweet 2 year old God-daughter :)

Sunday-we went to church and then came home and cleaned house.

This is the last week of school before Thanksgiving Break-and I am so excited to get 9 days (5 weekdays and 4 weekend days) with my kiddos!

Today, I had an appointment with Dr. M. My regular OB-we ofcourse got to see Miss Amelia :)She is so adorable. Yawning throughout her sonogram-she isn't near as excited to see us as we are to see her!

She is chilling in a breech position-legs thrown up over her head-and the placenta is anterior. Not a big deal since she will be a c-section baby anyway-but still...more to watch.

The sono tech also did a cervical measurement and that looks good! (yah!) so all my contractions aren't bothering her little home inside me.

I have 3 more doctor appointments over the next 4 weeks. Each a sonogram-each a few hours long. As inconvenient as they are-I can not begin to express how thankful I am to be sitting here. If we remember back to November 2011-I was in agony waiting to see if our other baby would get its heartbeat and would develop properly-only to spend Thanksgiving break mourning the loss of our wee one. 

God has brought our family so far over the past year-and as hard as the miscarriage was-I am grateful, thankful, and fully in awe of our Lord for allowing us to struggle with that to see how minor all these "precautions" with Amelia are. 

My biggest concern for this visit was being put on bed rest (like I was with Madyson) mainly because I love my 25 kiddos I get to spend my days with and really wanted to continue through the holidays. Dr. M, gave me the "Limit your extracurricular activities" but said to just take it easy when I can...at least for 4 more weeks.
 


Here is Amelia's latest sonogram picture :) Tomorrow Ill be back with the 20 week belly shot and nursery update :)



1 comment:

  1. What a cutie pie! Already posing like one of the fashionable girls!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat