Friday, October 3, 2014

"Fancy chicken" a $7.00 family favorite.

Tonight is the premier of "on the menu" the girls wanted me to cook what I cooked for the show..but I can't tell them what it is...so I asked them what else they would like. And they said fancy chicken.

Here in our house we eat normal food-not fancy food-but because this is a multi step dish it gets dubbed "fancy". 

45 minutes start to finish-about $7.00 to make a family of 5 meal...

Let's do this.

First-boil your salted water and add the orzo (about a cup & 1/2) let it cook for 9 minutes. 

While this is going i boil my broccoli as well.

Take your skillet (cast iron) and heat a half a stick of butter and about 1/4 cup chopped onions.

I used 4 chicken breast-but I cut one into cubes for Mia and aubrie-they aren't huge meat lovers but so this works well for them.

Take 2 table spoons of sour cream and add 5 dashs of hot sauce. Coat the chicken in this.

Then crush up a sleeve of ritZ (I use my mixer for this!) add a table spoon of AP flour. Then toss ur chicken into the crackers.

Put it in ur skillet and lightly fry it.
Once it is cooked through (about 13 minutes) remove and set aside. Then deglaze your skillet. I do this with 1/4 cup of chicken broth and then add a tablespoon of flour to "make some greaty" as aubrie calls it. 
Add the chicken back on top-combine the orzo and broccoli (i shredded mine with the mixer) cover with foil and Pop in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
When it's done squeeze a half a lemon on it and crushed black pepper (or lemon pepper if you don't have a lemon on hand) and tada 
Fancy chicken.

Or by my name lemon pepper fried chicken and BrocOrzo :) 

Your kids will love it. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat